Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Happy New Year from Myanmar!

Hi, it's Genki. I'm sorry for the late update.
Happy New Year everyone, it's 2016. I wish you all the best for this year.
Anyway, we had a new year party at YTU campus on December 31st to January 1st. This party was for the members who live in the hostel inside the campus. I was really surprised to see that so many people were dancing and drinking. I've been thinking that Myanmar people were calm and didn't drink since then. Myanmar women don't drink, though.
I had a kind of home party with my friends! It was just like that in Japan, "Takunomi".



Actually it was the first time for me to have this kind of party in Myanmar so it was a lot of fun. 
After drinking and talking for a while, we went outside, where the new year ceremony was held. After 11 pm they were playing club musics loudly and dancing as follows.



Gradually it was heating up.


Just before the New Year, the countdown started. It was also filled with excitement.


And finally... Happy New Yeeeeear!!!!





I'm sure that the police will come if we do this kind of thing in the campus in japan.
After the event, I became more fond of Myanmar. I love this country.
See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment